Technical documentation is often considered a necessary evil and thus in many companies is suffering a lack of attention and precision. Many people fail to recognise the importance of good technical documentation.
- Good documentation tends to reduce the volume of support requests and bug reporting.
- Good documentation gets knowledge out of people’s heads and into a shared format. This increases reliability, because it reduces a dependence on people’s memories and notes, which may not always be accessible, or may be inconsistent.
- Good documentation fulfils the following:
- It represents a competitive edge for your company.
- It is a hallmark of your company.
- It highlights the benefits of your products and services.
- It provides maximum benefit to your clients.